My first match was against Tony, from the get go I realised he was in a defensive mode through out the match. So I took the chance of doing a feint men cut and hitting do and it turned out to be successful. Ryu was my next opponent and ended up winning that match with a harai men. At the end of the day, training was great I only lost one match to a nice debana kote. So overall, pretty happy with training yesterday.
Feedback from Vui
- taiatare is not the only option
- issokuitto-no-maai, desired distance is important
- seme - must work on more seme!
- minimise debanna kote: try not to raise the shinai to high
- speed, quickness to execute wazas
- good use of eyes - finding opportunities
- good posture